"IF HE BRINGS YOU TO IT, HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH IT"

Monday, August 2, 2010

AIRPLANE!


I was so so so very nervous of Mason's first flight.
I was afraid it was going to be the first fright or 2 in a week. I got a lot of positive feedback from those I expressed my concerns to about this issue, and it eased my thoughts slightly. We arrived to the airport, everything went perfect! Mason was stoked to get to fly in a plane, our flight was on time, and we had no turbulence what-so-ever. Mason played his new Vtech game while Ben was ancy in Sterling lap. It was a total relief!
Me on the other hand, dislike flying, I am claustrophobic and get all hot and ancy myself. I toke some Dramamine and it helped to calm my nerves, but I was oh so glad to be on the ground and to exit the plane.With such a great experience the first time, of course comes the hard part.
Leaving Vacation.
Arriving to the Portland airport, we see that our plane is 30 minutes behind. No biggie. Come to 20 minutes before departure and they tell us that they are doing a plane swap and we won't be leaving for another additional hour and thirty minutes. Imagine us with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old waiting in the airport longer than liked, to sit on a plane for almost 3 hrs… we had to get creative. I let Benjamin flirt with some high school girls and Mason was glued to his video game! Hey at least its educational with Buzz and Woody along to play! It worked. Went smoothly with a couple of "Can we get on the plane yet?" from Mason and Benjamin trying to press the associates computer keys. They were well behaved. Walked in our door about 1215ish and were so happy to be back on our pillow top again. Boys as well.

No comments: