"IF HE BRINGS YOU TO IT, HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH IT"

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Passion

After reading Lauren's Bite and realizing that she is not crazy obsessed with Edward Cullen from the Twilight series. She explained why she was so passionate about it. Girl you can obviously tell you don't have children yet, especially to be able to take pictures of Pocket Edwards "first bath" lol But the simple fact that you have a passion that you are dedicated to, makes me stop and wonder, what's my passion. I have an absolute love for my children and a passionate love affair with my husband who still gives me butterflies even after knowing him for 6 years. I went to my google university, as Jenny McCarthy calls it, and searched "finding my passion". Several self help websites came up and listed things that can "help" you find your passion. I figured I could jot down some of the things that bring a smile to my face.
  • teaching children
  • psychology and how the brain works (cognitive)
  • doing crafts
  • pictures
  • purses
  • shoes
  • scrapbooking
  • making jewelry
  • new technology
  • nostalgia
  • reading something that takes me out of my "element" aka-twlight
  • learning knew things
  • random facts and thoughts
  • writing my thoughts
  • friendships
  • talking about my kids
  • talking about life in general
  • making collages on the computer
  • movies, movies and movies. Especially movies that really take you away and make you really think.
  • different culures, beliefs and religions
  • health and your body
  • exercizing the body and mind
  • history, anything historical (ties into cultures, beliefs and religion)
  • travel
  • In depth conversations with someone about their passions
  • politics (yes, you think, boring but it really sparks my interest when people explain their logistics)

a lot. Just writing all of these out it is clear to me why I haven't been able to narrow down one particular interest and really become overwhelmingly passionate it about that ONE thing. I certainly can not have them all. I would love to have something that I can really take time out of the day for myself to really focus on that one passion of mine. My mom's passion is running, My Aunt Barbs passion is scrapbooking. Mimi's passion, although it gets her in trouble, is shopping. Clicking through random blogs, there are some people who obviously have a true passion for blogging about anything and everything. Oddly, I'm envious. It has to be because they take that time to stop, sit and write about their lives, this is their time.

I don't know very many people with this "blogger" but I have been able to browse through several and would hope to get some sort of feedback. According to "ineedmotivation" they said that about 75% of people have no idea what their passion is. I find this kind of endearing, knowing I am not the only one, and it seems comes full circle when people often complain of feeling lost. I don't feel lost. Just simply misplaced and a mess in my own brain.

No comments: